August 5, 2011

MONEY, fuel me - sincerely, ADDICTION

There are too many films I'd like to watch on the big screen or on DVD that the list I made for the past 4 months  is frustrating to look at as time and, of course, budget are considerable reasons I won't be able to put checks beside all the movie titles on the list. 

I'm a movie addict; a sucker for anything scifi, thriller/suspense, espionage, Marvel and DC Comics superheroes and all genius Disney & Pixar collaborations (remember Finding Nemo, The Incredibles, Cars, etc?). Yeah yeah, call me a kid or tell me to "grow up" but I can't help it and you gotta admit to yourself, too - you're a kid like me!

The last movie I saw was the final installment of J.K. Rowling's legendary series about Harry Potter - the final half of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. I watched it on 3D and it was one cinematic ride as me and my nephew savored each scene of what would be our last big screen encounter with the boy wonder and all of Hogwarts, King's Cross Station, Diagon Alley, Ministry of Magic, Gringotts Wizarding Bank and the list goes on. Right now I want to tell Rowling to keep on writing maybe about Harry's descendants this time or a spin off series about Albus Percival Wulfrick Brian Dumbledore when he was still a young wizard. There are countless of stories that the entire Potterworld wouldn't mind following just to keep the magical fire burning ("Incendio!"). I wonder what's on her mind right now. I hope she won't waste her talent by bidding goodbye to the magical world she created and just rest on her laurels being the billionaire that she is now (even richer than Queen Elizabeth according to reports).

Moving on, Kung Fu Panda 2, Green Lantern, Captain America and Cars 2, among others are just some of the movies I missed or haven't seen yet. The last two are still being shown in cinemas today and I'm dying to go to the city to watch them. But my car, Lightning McQueen, is on tour right now so I'm left with no transportation at all. Darn. Well, it won't hurt to make excuses like this when the truth is I don't really have the green (not the lantern) to pay for my cinema tickets, will it? ;)

1 comment: