September 19, 2011

THE OTHER WOMAN: A Short Story (7 of 7)

continuation...

“Why did you tell me she’s your cousin? Did you really think I wasn't going to find out?” He looked straight into her eyes.

“Do you love me?” she asked him.

“You know I do from the very start. How long have you been together?”

“We’re not together anymore. We’re just good friends now.”

“So do you feel the same way like I do for you? Do you love me?” He held her tightly and brought her closer to him so he could hear her words clearly. She pushed him back a little and she tried to look at the direction of the other woman who wasn't her cousin after all.

“Yes, I do.” But her eyes rolled to the left when she said that and Bong understood. He didn't want any more lies. He thought he had enough of it. He kissed her in the cheek. It should have been placed on her pouty red lips but thought against it. Truth hurts but the lies that cloak the truth hurt even more.


Leo (July 23 to Aug.22) – You will finally have a chance to come clean and unleash the flame that’s burning up inside you. Be careful, though. It might burn you in the end.




***

- END -

No comments:

Post a Comment